Titan Security Europe has been supplying a full range of static and mobile security guard services throughout Europe for over three decades. On many occasions, we have deployed our highly trained and experienced teams of security guard dogs, and dog handlers as either the most effective solution to a particular security concern, or in some cases, the least expensive option for our clients.
Some studies suggest that in certain circumstances, one security dog teamed with a trained security guard who is also a dog handler is just as effective as three individual security guards.
In any initial security audit, we will always work with our clients to produce a strategic security solution that works best for the circumstances. If providing canine security is the optimum solution, we have the resources, the personnel, and the highly-trained security dogs to carry out the task at hand.
Read more about our guard dog security services further down the page. You can use the contact form below to get in touch with us, find out how our security guard dog services might benefit you and arrange for a quote
Benefits of Guard Dogs in Security Services
- Superior Sensory Capabilities: A security dog has highly developed senses. With a sense of smell thought to be up to 10,000 times as powerful as that of a human, far superior night and mobility vision capabilities, and hearing that is estimated to be 4 times more sensitive than ours, a dog is superbly equipped for guarding duties.
- Visual and Audible Deterrent: The fact that a dog presents a possible physical threat to a potential intruder, plus the fact that a dog will give off a very loud audible warning in the form of barking, is a highly effective deterrent to prevent criminals from even attempting to gain access to land or premises where a guard dog is present.
Situations Suited for Use of Guard Dogs
- Detection: We use guard dogs with specialist training as detector dogs. This may be to detect the presence of drugs, explosives, or any other form of security threat depending on the situation
- Nighttime Security: Our security dogs with their enhanced senses are particularly useful at night. Unusual noises or movements are detected quickly and the security guard alerted. Our security dogs are intelligent and reliable enough to evaluate situations and proceed to the warning stage almost immediately
- Patrolling in crowded or high-crime areas: In crowded situations that might prove to be inflammatory with the potential to escalate, the added calming influence of a security dog is often an important control factor
- Large sites: Where the full perimeter needs to be covered and a security dog is the most efficient way to do it. A dog can cover a lot of ground in a short time and with its enhanced senses, is able to detect potential intruders from a distance and respond quickly
- Private Estates: Our dog patrols guard private property against, unwanted attention from potential intruders. They provide a very effective visual and audible deterrent to anyone considering entry. The likelihood is that a criminal will move on and seek an easier target.
Our Canine Security Guard Services
Our Dog Handler & Security Services Team
At Titan Security, all of our security staff are first and foremost, fully accredited and licensed by the SIA to carry out frontline security duties. Our dog handlers receive additional training to gain accreditation to NASDU Level 2 General Purpose Dog Handler as a minimum. Many of our staff come from a military or service background where they have received extensive and relevant training and experience
Contact us today to find out how we can help you with any aspect of dog-assisted security guarding. We are available via email, by telephone at +441803 446004, or through our contact form at the top of the page.
The client, having identified a need for security, having previously not had any was based in access-controlled offices. Due to several incidents where persons in the shared office building had let non-authorised personnel in, the client felt the time had come to have a physical presence which would work as a deterrent. We advised that … Continued
We were approached by a client on behalf of Barclays bank to provide security guards at vulnerable banks and cash points. The officers were placed nationwide. The security officers remit included having security guards both in branch and based in their cars at cash points. Hours included both days and nights. Some of these locations … Continued
Working alongside Britannia Ferrys out of Plymouth, Titan Security Europe provided uniformed guarding to passengers boarding and disembarking on the ferry service between Roscoff and Plymouth. The role involved ensuring both the safety of passengers going on to boat, with random searches, and customer service in directing passengers, as well as ensuring tickets were present. … Continued