Armoured Mercedes Benz S Class
Base Vehicle Overview
The S Class sedan is the flagship in the Mercedes Benz product range and has always been the pinnacle of innovation and luxury throughout its history. The newest W221 generation is available in a variety of configurations, including the S 400 HYBRID, S 600, and the high performance S63 and S65 AMG.
The cabin is fully armoured with certified B6 level armouring material integrated in the vehicle, rated to defeat ballistic threats up to 7.62x51mm rifle ammunition. Armoured areas completely cover all four vertical sides (front, left, right, and rear) as well as the roof, including areas such as:
- Doors, pillars and windows • Rear
- Windshield and firewall
Vehicle Armouring: Doors & Overlaps
- Doors are armoured with B6 ballistic glass and steel panels.
- Full ballistic overlaps are installed at all four doorways to protect the occupants from attacks at any angle.
- In the event of a explosive detonation near the vehicle, the overlaps will also prevent the armoured door from being pushed into the vehicle.
- The hinges are reinforced to improve the durability of the armoured vehicle by properly supporting the heavy armoured doors and prevent potential misalignment issues that may create gaps between the door and body.
Chassis Reinforcement & Custom designed under body
Armouring provides superior blast protection as well as:
- Minimizes body roll and increases downforce and chassis rigidity to improve vehicle handling and stability.
- Deflects water and sand while improving vehicle cooling.
- Decreases fuel consumption
- Reinforced Mercedes Benz OEM suspension system to support the armouring weight while retaining the original advanced features.
- Mercedes Benz OEM brake system is also upgraded to provide OEM stopping distances after armouring.
To maintain a low profile, the interior of the vehicle also appears to be OEM spec with all luxury equipment remaining fully functional.